What is a SHARE Host Site?
To see a list of SHARE Host Sites currently ordering, check here for hosts near you.
Host organization roles and responsibilities:
- Promote the SHARE mission and philosophy in the community and provide caring service motivated by a desire to help others.
- Register participants and receive money.
- Turn in food orders on or before Order Turn-In Day and remit payments to SHARE. (See your SHARE calendar or newsletter for exact dates.)
- Provide adequate transportation and a distribution site for SHARE food packages each month.
- Provide participants with volunteer service ideas and opportunities, including volunteering at the SHARE Philadelphia Center. We strongly encourage each host site to volunteer at SHARE at least once a year.
Sites located in Philadelphia or within reasonable driving distance pick up their food at the SHARE Philadelphia Center (2901 W. Hunting Park Ave.) on one of the three days of distribution.
Satellite Sites (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, & Eastern Shore of Maryland):
Sites located outside of Philadelphia receive their food through delivery, often picking up at one of our Satellite Centers: Buskill and Canton, PA; Asbury Park, South Orange, Newark and Tom’s River, NJ; Middleton, DE; Cambridge, MD; and Corona, Bronx, and Valley Stream, NY. There is an additional charge for delivery.